Nutley Library “OPRA 101” program

Sallijane
Site Admin

Nutley Library “OPRA 101” program

Post by Sallijane »

CJ Griffin is giving an OPRA 101 presentation at the Nutley library; I highly recommend it for any advocate, activist, and/or journalist, as I attended such a presentation in Bergen County last year. The library is transit-accessible on the #74 bus line—I am not sure how that connects to other transit, but have been assured that it is frequent at the 7 p.m. start time and runs, though less frequently, until at least 10:45 p.m.

Here is the link to the Facebook post announcing the program: https://www.facebook.com/nutleycitizens ... 7468198197

Details: OPRA Seminar March 12 #Nutley Public Library. Will YOU Attend? "Governments should not attempt to control the flow of information to avoid public scrutiny or to attempt to steer the public debate on policy issues. We must identify erosions of public access and remedy them assertively. We must not accept an environment in which the law applies only to the things that government leaders and bureaucrats say they apply to. Ultimately this is a discussion about democracy, not about the privileges of government employees."