RiverLine suspended, Sen. Singleton comments

Sallijane
Site Admin

RiverLine suspended, Sen. Singleton comments

Post by Sallijane »

problem in a few wheels led NJT to shut down the service, with bus replacements between 4 busy stations, local bus service elsewhere, for indefinite period. Later reports are that cars are being added back into service as they are inspected (though as I think about that, not sure that means that those are actually put back into immediate use).

Singleton Statement Re: Suspension of Riverline Service

MOORESTOWN, NJ
– Senator Troy Singleton today issued the following statement in response to NJ Transit suspending service on the RiverLine:

“It is no secret that NJ Transit has struggled in recent years with reliability and consistency – and unfortunately, the RiverLine is no exception. However, these breakdowns are becoming all too frequent. NJ Transit needs to do better for the thousands of people who rely on their services daily.

“I have asked NJ Transit to provide me with a list of recent breakdowns, as well as an explanation and cause in each instance. Additionally, I have reached out to the Governor’s Office to convey my disappointment and let them know that this is simply unacceptable.

“We have been told that NJ Transit executive leadership is on the ground with its contractors to fix this latest issue. I have requested that they keep my office appraised of when service will resume as I will continue to monitor this situation.”