Hello

Audrey Haas

Hello

Post by Audrey Haas »

Taking this for a spin, and creating an example post. If you've never used this type of interface, what you've clicked on just now is an individual topic. Should you want to reply to me, all of your posts in reply to this one will be tucked away under this topic's title, Hello, from the General board you just clicked on. If you want to know whenever someone makes a post in this thread, you can "subscribe" to it by clicking a link in the upper right hand area of this page. Then you'll receive an email every time something is said here.

Likewise, if you have no interest whatsoever in what's being said, you don't have to read it- just navigate away from the page and ignore it. A reply count and time stamp will appear to the right of the title marking out the last post made within it, allowing you to drop back in at your leisure and keep tabs on the amount of conversation going on within. This'll let you know if there's a large discussion going on, and you can decide whether it not you want to check it out again.
Audrey Haas

Re: Hello

Post by Audrey Haas »

For instance, if I decided to keep yapping on about exactly how long a chicken can survive without a head, you never need to hear about it if you don't care! I can embed a link to an article about headless chickens, I can post diagrams of chicken neck vertebrae, and you'd never need to know.
Audrey Haas

Post by Audrey Haas »

You can see from the General board that the reply count is now at three from me talking to myself, that I'm the last user to say something, and what time the last reply was posted.
John Bobsin

Post by John Bobsin »

This should increase the count . . .
JMClift6299

Post by JMClift6299 »

This will add another to the count!
PatW

Post by PatW »

Okay, I'm set up here. Hi, to anyone who stops by!

Pat